Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Scared


I am scared
Used to be of the dark
The unknown
The never going to be

I had all of these dreams
All of these goals
An orchard full of hope
Blooming endlessly

No matter my care
The weeds grew abundantly
The insects ate bountifully
Then settled in the dust

A storm like no other
Roaring in like a God
Chipping away at leaves
Pounding down the limbs

The orchard began to fade
Until the day it ceased to exist
What was once filled with life
Now a field awaiting harvesting grace

In came the rain
Giving what it could
Soaking the ground
Feeding the earthly spirit

A sprig stood as a lonely soul
In the middle of the vacant valley
Fighting to spread its hope
Shining like a ray of sun light

No longer the field I had once planned
A growing journey with many curves
Flowers never seen
A vision unsure of

Now I stand in a garden
Smaller than I had once planned
Seeing fruition in different leaves
Colors of a different hue

Trying to grasp the new
Unwilling to let go of the old
Dead set on what I had planned
Realizing the higher power at play

Now I stand still scared
Still of all that unknown
But more of the new light seen
Letting things be other than what I wanted for me

~copyright 2012 smh~

No comments:

Post a Comment